Thursday, July 24, 2008

PE eras

I'm thinkin my life can be broken into a few major chunks referenced, perhaps by coincidence, to a few personally key Public Enemy songs.

Earlier PE was a whirlwind for development. Between Nations of Millions and Fear of a black planet my life co-incidingly peaked at a heartfelt defiance towards the mundane status quo.

With me, I was angry at all the other kids who seemed to be somehow sexier or more fun then me. I thought everyone and everything except some select authors, musicians and filmmakers were stupid and full of shit.

This anger lasted through some transcontinental voyages and many crappy apartments. Then in a slightly more comfortable abode in the country I was taken by Jesus off He Got Game soundtrack. This inspired a period in which I flourished in my own artistic persuits with no fear of judgement, failure or rejection...like Public Enemy

And now a new era of enlightenment is upon me with Harder Then You Think, on How To Sell Soul To a Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul

No comments: